Great Start Turns into Disappointment for Reedy Racing at Motor Mile Speedway

After an 18-month layoff, Bryan Reedy and the Reedy Racing Team were back in action Saturday April 27th at Motor Mile Speedway.

After a tough practice session on Wednesday before race night, the team worked hard in the shop to make changes to the racecar in hopes of making it faster for the weekend. Those changes were just what the team needed as during the two pre-qualifying practice sessions on race day; Bryan was in the top ten on the board with twenty-four cars in the pits. Bryan turned the eighth fastest speed in qualifying and drew the third starting position as per track rules for the first 50-lap feature. Adversity reared its ugly head as the team found a broken flywheel after the qualifying laps and were in scramble mode trying to get the car ready for the race.

Hard work by the crew finished just in time for pre-race activities to begin. They rolled the car to the starting grid right after the National Anthem was completed.

Once the race started, Bryan battled hard and was solidly in the top ten when contact from another racer caused damage to the rear end of the car with only seven laps remaining. The damage was too severe to repair and the promising evening was no more. The team had to load up and miss the second race of the night.

We would like to thank our wonderful sponsors. Without them, we could not make it to the track to compete: Wood’s Service Centers, Inc., Mobility Plus of VA Inc., DCT Towing & Recovery, Sports Haven Inc., Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs, Faye Curren MKB Realtor, Chris Kocher MKB Realtor, Maxey Seat Cover Center and Virginia Driveline & Differential.

Special thanks to Jay Hedgecock and Hedgecock Racing Enterprises, Rayvon Clark and Clark’s Race Engines and Kevin Ransom with Kevin’s signs for their continuing support as well.

The team will be working hard to make it back on track May 11th for the next race at Motor Mile Speedway.

Photo By: Chappy Merritt